At Snorkel AI, we’re redefining how people and organizations build AI applications. Snorkel started as a research project in the Stanford AI Lab in 2016, creating a higher-level interface to machine learning through programmatically labeled and managed training data. From deploying in some of the world’s largest and most sophisticated tech organizations, to empowering scientists, doctors, and journalists — we’ve seen firsthand how this approach democratizes and accelerates AI. Now, we’re building Snorkel Flow to bring our technology to everyone!
Building Snorkel Flow requires outstanding engineers and technologies across the stack, including scalable data pipelines, elegant and intuitive interfaces (both visual and programmatic), state-of-the-art ML modeling techniques, and best practices for seamless deployment. Modern AI approaches require large labeled training datasets to learn from. While traditional approaches typically rely on armies of human annotators to label by hand, Snorkel Flow empowers users to programmatically label and build training data sets to drive a radically faster, more flexible, and higher quality end-to-end AI development process. Snorkel Flow is an end-to-end development platform, complete with a GUI and powerful programmatic interfaces for driving the development process for full AI application workflows: from preprocessing, to programmatic training data creation, to ML model training, to analysis, and deployment. It's the data-first platform for enterprise AI.
Excited to help us redefine how AI applications are built? Apply to be the newest Snorkeler!
As a Software Engineer on the Infrastructure team, you'll accelerate the Snorkel AI team and our customers by improving our developer platform and services for user and data management across the stack. You’ll work closely with other engineers, researchers, and product management to align on the highest leverage improvements for CI/CD, cloud infrastructure, deployment, security, authentication/authorization, and more.
- Design, develop and maintain enterprise features for the platform (including but not limited to authentication/authorization, RBAC, data governance)
- Build and improve automation, effective monitoring and alerting for infrastructure and the platform
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments and continuously improve development and deployment best practices
- Collaborate with enterprise customers to understand product use cases and translate into engineering specifications, and deliver high-quality solutions
- Participate in on-call responsibilities in rotation with the engineering team
- Work a hybrid schedule with one or two days per week in our Redwood City HQ and work remotely with "No Meeting" Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of experience in distributed systems and cloud-native applications
- Proficiency in automation, scripting languages, and infrastructure-as-code tools
- Practical experience with Docker containerization and clustering (Kubernetes/EKS/GKE)
- Strong communication and coding skills
- Proactive and positive attitude
- 8+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Strong development and debugging skills in Python
- Experience implementing CI/CD (e.g. CircleCI)
- Familiarity with working with large-scale enterprise software deployments
- Familiarity with authentication and authorization best practices and Knowledge of common authentication technologies including OAuth, SAML
- Familiar with common security best practices, architecture design and implementation.
The salary range for our Tier 1 locations of San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles & New York is $155,000.00 - $215,000.00.
Be Your Best At Snorkel
Snorkel AI is on a mission to make machine learning practical for everyone, and it starts with building a team that welcomes, represents and gives opportunity to all. We work at the frontier of AI and software engineering, and believe that underrepresented communities need to play a part in shaping the future of these fields. At Snorkel AI, we actively work to create an environment that values end-to-end ownership, diverse forms of impact, and opportunities for personal growth.
Snorkelers are supported by an amazing team and an amazing set of benefits. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for Snorkelers and their families, plus a yearly wellness stipend. Our 401k program lets Snorkelers plan for their future and our parental leave program lets new parents take up to 20 weeks of paid time off. Learn more about these benefits and more — like our workstation setup allowance — on our Careers page.
Snorkel AI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Snorkel AI embraces diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Snorkel AI prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, performance, merit, and business need.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.