PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020 and are growing 3x annually, reaching 4 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2022.
As PayJoy continues to grow and expand in Latin America and globally, we are deepening our investments in anti-fraud to deliver the best possible prices to our customers. The Fraud Review Manager will form an important part of this effort, designing processes and metrics for a dedicated team of agents that will specialize in the detection and prevention of fraudulent applications. This person will also assure the quality and effectiveness of the reviews. Additionally, the Fraud Review Manager will work closely with other members of the Fraud Ops team as well as Product, Risk, Data Science, and Commercial teams to reduce fraud vectors.
The successful candidate should have experience with fraud detection in a high-volume, retail oriented environment and be able to creatively apply their expertise to PayJoy’s unique business model
- Leading a team of agents responsible for catching fraudulent credit applications.
- Continuously train the team and build quality assurance programs to improve fraud catch rate and minimize false positives.
- Design a metric based compensation scheme.
- Effectively communicate our policies to the analyst team.
- Search for new signals of fraud that we can use in our predictive models or metrics
- Creation of dashboards to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of the team.
- Partner with Product, Risk, Data Science, and Commercial teams to reduce fraud vectors
- Experience in building, implementing, and improving new processes and metrics
- Analytical skills drawing on the manipulation of large data sets and intuition for areas of high impact
- Strong communication skills, incorporating metrics and impact assessments
- 3+ years of experience detecting fraud patterns and/or evaluating credit applications
- 3+ years of management, mentoring, and coaching expertise.
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Medium-high level of English proficiency
- Company-funded health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Monthly pantry vouchers
- Company holidays
- Christmas bonus of 20 days
- 20 vacation days
- Vacation bonus 50%
- Annual fitness benefit
- Annual professional development benefit
- Phone finance benefit
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed