Gem’s mission is to help companies hire great teams. Our talent engagement platform enables recruiting teams to build relationships that lead to diverse, high-quality talent pipelines, a great candidate experience, and predictable hiring at any scale. By creating a source of truth for all relationships with talent, Gem can automate personalized outreach, while also generating insights about the entire recruiting process.
Our customers are savvy recruiting teams from industry-leading companies — like Dropbox, Grammarly, Doordash, Cisco, McDonalds — who understand that getting the best talent in the market is key to maintaining their competitive advantage.
With funding from key investors such as, ICONIQ, Greylock, Sapphire, and Accel, Gem has recently been recognized with Unicorn status, with a $1.2B valuation — becoming one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies at its scale. And just as we strive to help our customers find great talent, we also invest in our own people and culture. We are proud of the culture we’ve built and have recently been recognized as:
- Certified as a Great Place to work, 2022
- Y Combinator Top Companies, 2022
- Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, 2022
The Team & Role:
The ideal candidate would be a self-starter who is intellectually curious, hungry to learn and hardworking. They are creative, passionate, and driven team-players. Day-to-day responsibilities include qualifying leads, routing them to Small Business, Mid-Market and Enterprise Account Executives, and tracking various data points that will help optimize our inbound sales efforts. This is a great opportunity to learn the fundamentals of sales at a growth start-up. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, join us for an adventure that will define your career.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Efficiently manage a high volume of inbound communications with leads - multitasking is key
- Work inbound sales leads in an efficient manner and successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Effectively educate and qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities
- Ensure a seamless hand-off of meetings to the respective sales team
- Accurately follow the established pre-sales process and consistently use Salesforce to document prospect interaction ensuring efficient lead management
- Collaborate closely with Marketing and Sales teams on developing new outreach strategies
- Maintain active engagement with leads using creative follow-up communication and ensure 100% satisfaction with all leads
- Meet and exceed monthly and quarterly targets
- 0-2+ years experience in a sales or business development representative role
- Interest in beginning and growing into a career in Sales or similar business functions
- Willingness to work in a true startup environment and take on new and unexpected challenges with positivity and creativity
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Clear written and verbal communication, a deep sense of empathy and a commitment to integrity
- Excellent written skills with attention to grammar and tone
- Critical reading and active listening skills
- A self starter who can diagnose inefficiencies and optimize processes to maximize results
- A commitment to learning, being adaptable, and having a great attitude within a growing business
- Consistent measurable over-achievement in past experiences
- Experience with Salesforce, Outreach.io, ZoomInfo, Qualified, Drift, LinkedIn Sales Navigator or similar tools
- 1-2 years of customer facing / sales experience
- Previous success with selling into Talent Management or HR teams is a plus
- College Degree from a 4 year university
- Fluency in another language
Gem is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and encourage folks of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. At Gem, we’re committed to having an inclusive and transparent environment where every voice is heard and acknowledged. We embrace our differences, and know that our diverse team is a strength that drives our success.
Gem is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
For roles based in New York City, NY and San Francisco, CA out of our HQs, the OTE hiring range for this position is $76,000 - $80,000. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for variable compensation, equity, and benefits.
This role is not eligible for remote work.
Gem’s Candidate Privacy Notice
By clicking “Submit Application”, you acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand Gem’s Candidate Privacy Statement, including the information provided on how Gem processes your personal data and your related rights as set forth therein.