Convoy is the nation’s leading digital freight network. We build technology to find smarter ways to connect shippers with carriers while solving some of the toughest problems in the 800-billion-dollar freight industry. We move millions of truckloads across the country through our interconnected network - saving money for shippers, increasing earnings for drivers, and avoiding unnecessary carbon waste for our planet (~9 million lbs of total carbon emissions to date!).
We’re proud to work with fortune 500 shippers like Home Depot and LG Electronics, and to be backed by world-class investors, including Y Combinator, Greylock, and others. Come learn what it’s like to work on complex problems in a massive industry at the center of our economy.
At Convoy, we believe that varied backgrounds, experiences, voices, and perspectives are key to innovation. Research shows that, all too often, candidates from underrepresented backgrounds don’t apply for roles unless they meet all the criteria. We invite you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the items included here. We’d love to learn about your unique experience and how you might shape the future of Convoy.
Work Remotely: This role supports working remotely from one of the following states: Arizona, California, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, New York, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
Your Impact at Convoy:
- Own incentive compensation programs end to end for the Shipper Sales and customer experience organization. You will be responsible for aligning incentive plans to the company's evolving goals and go-to-market strategies, and should deliver competitive plans that attract, retain, and motivate top industry sales talent. This includes all aspects of the program, including the ongoing development, implementation, and administration of incentive plans for all employees of a growing sales and customer experience organization.
- Collaborate with Sales Management to assign customer targets to the appropriate sales individuals, teams, and regions. Work cross-functionally with finance, legal, people teams to ensure planned headcount, position, and quota distribution will deliver required business plan revenue within budget.
- Analyze and evaluate past performance and trends to determine whether compensation plans are driving expected results; Identify opportunities for ongoing process improvements and automation; provide reporting support for sales comp and related programs.
- Complete “what-if” scenario and financial modeling to align achievement of business objectives.
- Responsible for all communications surrounding incentive plans; address questions on the sales compensation plans.
- Partner with sales leadership team on oversight of all one-off requests, disputes, and requests for exceptions to published policies.
- Develop and deliver Sales Compensation New Hire Training and ongoing training and education.
- Incentive Compensation Planning and Administration/Execution Expertise: You must be an experienced compensation professional well-versed in the art and science of incentive compensation planning, design and administration. Candidates should have experience working with company leadership on administering, executing, and planning successful incentive compensation plans. This includes the many forms of variable compensation program management, including commissions, bonuses, prizes, SPIFs, and other recognition.
- Cross-functional Partnership and Program Management: You must have demonstrated ability to influence and work cross-functionally with various teams (including but not limited to finance, legal and people teams) to deliver on organization wide programs and projects
- Communication/Presentation Skills: You must have the ability to clearly communicate and articulate incentive structures and financial information for a variety of audiences, including our sales and executive teams
- A plus if you have experience in freight, logistics, or supply chain: You ideally have the ability to understand our industry space and how to properly incentivize sales teams in dynamic market conditions
- A plus if you have experience in a start-up environment.
Successful Convoyagers share these traits:
- We’re passionate about solving complex problems, and get excited about diving deep to understand an issue
- We aren’t defined by our titles, we do what’s needed to prioritize our customers
- We support others through change and uncertainty, and stay the course when things get challenging
- We believe in our mission, and the potential for impact in our space.
Pay & Benefits:
The salary for this role in the state of Washington is between $94,160 and $161,270. This range depends on factors including but not limited to applicant’s location, skills, prior relevant experience, and leveling.
We want our employees to have a stake in Convoy’s success, so full-time employees are also eligible to receive equity grants. Additionally for certain roles, employees may be eligible to earn incentives in the form of commissions, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Convoyagers and their families’ well-being is critical to our culture:
- You’re Covered: 100% premium coverage for employee health insurance premiums and 85% premium coverage for dependents. On-demand primary care.
- Recharge: Exempt employees have flexible time off, non-exempt employees accrue PTO (approximately 11+ days per year, based on accrual), and all receive an additional 9 paid holidays per year.
- Time to bond: We offer 16 weeks of parental leave for both caregivers. We also offer family planning benefits through Progyny (can be used towards fertility preservation, IVF, adoption/surrogacy reimbursement).
- Take Care: We offer 16 free sessions per year for guided self-care with a coach, therapy, and other wellness tools through Lyra.
- Support the Unexpected: We offer backup childcare and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons.
- Plan ahead: Our 401K plan makes it easy to save for retirement. You can also utilize HSA and FSA options in our health plans.
- Get there sustainably: Public transportation (Orca or Marta card provided in eligible locations) and commuter benefits.
Convoy is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re excited to join the ride, we’d love to hear from you!