Common Room brings companies closer to their communities.
Today’s most successful organizations are powered by thriving communities of end users, but many struggle with visibility into this new growth engine. Common Room gives teams the ability to understand and take action on the engagement happening across digital channels to deliver better customer experiences, measure community impact, and drive business growth.
We’ve raised over $50 million from top-tier investors including Greylock, Index, and Madrona to build the community platform for modern SaaS companies. And we’re backed by 25+ operators from community-first organizations such as Figma, Stripe, Airtable, Slack, Notion, Loom, and more.
You + Common Room? You’d be joining a team that revels in asking hard questions, collaborating gladly, and making decisions quickly—a team that values simplicity, passion, trust, each other, and our customers above all.
So hello! Please, knock on our door. We'd love to meet you.
Why we need you:
Everything we do revolves around our customers, and we’re looking for a customer-obsessed Technical Support Engineer who loves solving tricky problems.
As a founding member of our support team, you’ll play a critical role in shaping our customer support experience. You are scrappy, detail oriented, and aren't afraid to get into the weeds. You never have a “not my job” mentality when it comes to solving customer problems. You are passionate about working with individuals across the company to make sure our customers have a seamless experience using Common Room.
If this sounds like something you’re excited about, we’d love to hear from you.
How you’ll contribute:
- Triage, investigate, and resolve support requests of all ranges of complexity, working both independently, in concert with Product and Engineering
- Manage timely communications with internal and external parties to meet customer SLAs
- Troubleshoot and assist with identifying bugs and defects, including clear replication instructions
- Document technical solutions and help advise on knowledge base articles to prioritize with the team and clients
- Drive operational excellence around support tooling
- Participate in product testing and provide feedback to the product team on issues and improvements
You will enjoy being a member of our team if you:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in technical support, solutions architecture or a similar role. SaaS experience is a requirement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Experience with troubleshooting, debugging complex issues, and delivering clear customer solutions
- Experience with support tooling including Zendesk, Slack, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy building processes from the ground up
- Empathy for who you work with; you identify with their challenges and your desire to delight shines through in your communications
- Be Customer-centric - We work backwards from the needs of our customers. The crisp articulation of customer value guides our decisions.
- Strive for Simplicity - We choose simplicity over complexity whenever possible. We seek to identify and understand the essential quality of what we are building.
- Make it Happen - We are quick to take the first step, and prioritize decisiveness over fear of making a mistake. We don’t confuse motion for movement and we measure ourselves on impact over actions.
- We’re In this Together - We measure personal success by the success of our customers and teammates. Relationships matter, and the strongest ones are built on the foundations of trust, enablement, and transparency.
Our investment in caring for our employees and their families is a key part of our values and culture at Common Room:
- Competitive base compensation with meaningful equity ownership
- Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- We pay 100% of your employee premium and 50% of your premium for any dependents
- Long Term Care insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Work from home policy including a laptop and support for your home office needs
- 401(k) self contribution
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Family Leave
- Opportunity to join a diverse, passionate, and fun team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
Common Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.