About the role
As a Manager of our growing CSM team in North America, you will lead a team of 8-10 CSM’s in establishing key stakeholder relationships, promoting best practice adoption of our platform, and delivering maximum business value for our customers.
You come with 8+ yrs. of experience building and growing customer partnerships - from SMB to F500 organizations - in a post sales capacity, acting as trusted advisor up through VP and C-level decision-makers - for books of business exceeding $5M in ARR. In addition, you have a track record of 4+ yrs. building and managing exceptional customer success teams in fast paced, enterprise SaaS environments through both external hiring of top talent, and internal talent/skill development through coaching.
You are adept at partnering with other leaders internally (Sales, Product, Support, Marketing) to deliver a world class customer experience as we scale with our customers’ cybersecurity needs. In doing so, you will always be a thoughtful listener to, and fierce advocate for, our growing customer base, helping not just retain, but delight our customers and fuel their advocacy of Abnormal.
To be successful, you will draw upon your considerable past achievements in owning and refining Customer Success playbooks and processes for scale, including mutual success plans, QBR’s, business value assessments, Path to Green turnaround plans, and related workstreams. It is through your dedication to continuous improvement of how CSM’s operate - both in efficiency and effectiveness - that will help us meet and surpass customer health, satisfaction, retention, and growth targets.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the VP of Customer Success, you will hire, train, manage, and develop a team of top performing Customer Success Managers based in North America that execute with consistency and excellence in the following areas:
- Serve as the ‘voice of the customer’ and provide internal feedback on how we can better serve them to maximize customer value and retention.
- Schedule, prepare and deliver Business Reviews for customers, with a top priority of proving ROI that leads to renewals/expansion.
- Increase customer adoption of key platform features and best practices to maximize ROI, ensuring the basis for retention, satisfaction, and growth.
Product Knowledge & Advisory:
- Maintain a deep understanding of our product and roadmap, so CSM’s can guide customers on how to extract maximum value for their use cases and continue to drive up their Adoption Score.
- Educate customers on the most relevant features and functionality related to their specific requirements.
- Understand their customer’s industry trends, business challenges with email security, and current and potential use cases for Abnormal.
- With understanding of customer needs, establish a strategic, trusted advisor relationship at the highest relevant levels by guiding the customer on best practice usage of the platform to manage risk and meet/exceed their objectives.
- Develop and nurture Abnormal Security champions within their customer’s organization who advocate for the platform based on their positive experience.
Account Success Planning:
- Engage customers’ senior decision makers to understand their evolving strategy for email security and to shape Success Planning informed by these goals.
- Work with the internal Account team and customer stakeholders to formulate/maintain a Success Plan outlining how Abnormal Security addresses their immediate and future needs (with success metrics).
- Proactively monitor customer health to reach out to customers before risks or issues escalate and identify remediation options.
Cross Functional Collaboration:
- Partner with the Abnormal Security Account Team (Account Executives, Sales Engineers, Support Engineers, etc.) to ensure that customers renew and expand usage.
Triage and Risk Mitigation:
- Monitor customer user trends to proactively identify risks and risk mitigation actions.
- Coordinate internal actions through a “Path to Green” action plan and schedule customer calls as necessary to address issues and concerns and ensure all commitments are met.
This position will also ensure attainment of CSM quarterly KPI’s as defined by the VP of Customer Success, including targets for:
- On-time Business Review Completion Rate
- Joint Success Plan Execution Rate
- Customer Health/Adoption Score
- BVA Assessment Results (% of customers w/ signed off ROI)
- Customer References
You will directly engage with customers where required to provide management support on behalf of your CSM team, including through a small book of business that you may retain as manager to keep sharp on CSM duties.
You will also serve as project manager and leader for critical cross-functional initiatives such as building Business Value consulting expertise for Strategic customers, standing up a CS/Sales qualified lead engine process, or developing Scaled / Tech Touch programs for SMB/MM customers.
Must Have Skills
- 8+ years of customer success, account management, value consulting or related post sales experience in an enterprise SaaS environment (including in the cybersecurity industry) with increasing levels of responsibility
- Previously owned and successfully grew a $5MM+ book of business, with 105+% ave. Net Dollar Retention for 4+ consecutive quarters
- 4+ yrs. of people management experience building and leading a team of CSM’s or related post sales function covering SMB to F500 strategic customers, with stakeholders spanning from security analysts to CISO’s / CIO’s
- Proven leadership abilities to coach, influence, develop, motivate and empower teams to achieve benchmark-beating metrics for CSAT, customer health, gross and net retention, and customer advocacy, while also maintaining high employee morale
- Experience in building successful senior-level business relationships and facilitating conversations at all levels, including the C-suite (CIO and CISO’s)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills along with an ability to work cross-functionally with a broad range of internal and external clients
- You are flexible and able to juggle and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced startup environment
- Proven record of driving measurable customer outcomes and business value/ROI readouts with large, complex customers
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of CRM management tools (SFDC), and previous experience with CSM tools like Gainsight, Totango, Sigma, Heap, or similar analytics packages
At Abnormal Security certain roles are eligible for a bonus, restricted stock units (RSUs), and benefits. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons. We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. Learn more about our Compensation and Equity Philosophy on our benefits and perks
Base salary range: